My journey on the road to personal development has absolutely changed my life. It started when I met my mentor, Mr. Bryan Robert, and he told me that to be prosperous I needed to read good books on success and mindset. I didn’t really think it mattered, but hey, the guy was more successful than me so I went with it. I became fascinated with all the information contained within these books. Anything you want to know or improve on is out there, you just have to go read it. When I talk about this with other people, sometimes it falls on deaf ears. The classic response is “I don’t need to read that positive crap”. I assure you that you do!
I think Jim Rohn said it perfectly with his quote:
“Books are what you step on to take you to a higher shelf. The higher your stack of books, the higher the shelf you can reach. Want to reach higher? Stack some more books under your feet! Reading is what brings us to new knowledge. It opens new doors. It helps us understand mysteries. It lets us hear from successful people. Reading is what takes us down the road in our journey. Everything you need for a better future and success has already been written.”
The 5 Best Books If You Are New to Personal Development:
- Man’s Search For Meaning by Victor Frankl: Written by a Jewish psychologist who was imprisoned in varied Nazi concentration camps during World War II. It is a study on the human spirit and how they can take everything away from you except your mind. It will make you realize your problems are not as big as you think they are.
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy: Darren Hardy explains that the key to success isn’t some huge leap forward. He talks about how it is small, consistent effort that leads to big accomplishments.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki: Robert Kiyosaki talks about growing up with his real dad who was a professor and his best friends’ dad who was a wealthy business man. He explains what they both taught him and how rich and poor people think and act differently.
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers: We all experience fear in our lives. This book teaches how to overcome those fears no matter what they are or how big they may be.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker: Teaches the principles of creating wealth. T. Harv Eker shows how important your mindset is when it comes to making and keeping money. You are poor because of how you think.
These five books will get you started on the path to a better and more prosperous life. They all contain powerful lesson within them, but remain easy to understand. I hope that you stay on the path of personal development. Keep reading and absorbing knowledge and I assure you that in a few years you will be amazed at where you end up. Don’t underestimate the power of one good idea, one great quote, or one good story to alter your life.